Considering a set of locations (nodes) six networks strategies can be established to service them:
- Minimum construction costs network (A). Network where all locations are linked through a single route.
- Minimum accessibility network (B). Network where all locations are linked and have the same accessibility level.
- Nodal network (C). One location is better connected and becomes the most accessible.
- Maximum accessibility network (D). Every location is directly linked to all others, but the construction costs are high (maximum construction costs network).
- Minimal length network (E) where the summation of the links are minimal. Depending on the configuration of nodes the minimal length network could be the same than the minimum construction costs network.
- Traveling salesperson network (F). Provides minimal distance for a route between all locations.